Hollywood news

The CEO of the Doha Film Institute is addressing the attack, “There is no other land”

On the horizon of Israel-Gaza, the conflict and recent attacks on the activists supporting Palestinians at the opening of the talent meeting and the annual project of the Doha Institute on Friday.

About 300 attendees met a meeting and welcome at the Museum of Islamic Art of Doha Company, followed by a Master by the Brazilian director Walter Salis, Fresh is one of the best international feature film in his favor I am still here.

In a strong opening speech, DFI CEO Fatima Rarhi expressed her concerns about “attempts to erase votes in the region” and raised the recent attack on an Oscar -winning Palestinian. No other land Director Hamad Bali.

In reference to the fact that DFI determines the fifteenth anniversary, Al Rimai said that the founding task of the Institute for the Care of Correct Stories from the region was more important than ever.

She said: “Today, while we celebrate this teacher, we find ourselves at a complex crossroads where the world witnesses the constant genocide.” “The promise of peace and the ceasefire is just stories to cover the continuation of the field of eliminating humanity and attempts to erase votes in the region.”

Israel resumed its terrestrial operation in Gaza on March 19 after negotiations failed to extend the fragile ceasefire that involves the exchange of Israeli hostages and Palestinian prisoners.

More than 1,000 people have been killed and 280,000 displaced have been killed since the attack resuming, which has left more than 50,000 people in Gaza so far. The military campaign led a Hamas attack on southern Israel on October 7, 2023, killing 1,200 people and taking 251 hostages.

Al -Rimai said: “In a world in which many prominent cultural events and institutions have chosen silence on solidarity and protest, the voices of protest face marginalization, we must continue our duty as fictional and ambassadors of humanity, the matter is simple like that.”

Al -Rimhi was speaking one week after the academy of the Arts and Film Sciences issued an apology for his failure to mention the name of Bali in a statement he had attacked by the settlers in the West Bank village, then the Israeli army detained him.

The Oscar’s victory over the documentary – after the struggle of the people who live in the Palestinian villages of Masfa Yata in the West Bank in the face of Israel’s attempts to erase their homes and history from the map – have sparked a rise in settlers’ violence against the societies captured in the film in recent weeks.

“The recent attack on Palestinian director Hamdan Balla proves that even winning prestigious prizes- Oscar- does not provide any safety from violent persecution.”

“Now, more than ever, there should be spaces like Qumra – not as a forum for technical growth, but as a platform for sounds that refuse to silence them. Clichies may look more than just than just art – it’s the last remaining tool for us for positive change and flexibility.”

From 4 to 9 April in Doha, the eleventh edition of Qumra will host 49 works supported by the DFI program at different stages of development and production.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker